Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 10:15:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OK... Now I am unemployed

Started by superdad01, Mar 19, 2009, 08:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Got laid off this week. I knew it was comming. Strong possibility I could be back to work next month. but who knows right now.

I called adam (fathers rights attorneys)  to explain my situation over the phone and the attorney seemed to think I have a strong case for getting 50/50 due to my situation.  But at the same time I'm sure he's trying to sell himself as well. I plan on consulting a couple other attorneys as well to see what they say. He said I would probally be using a good 6hrs of time so I need $1200 upfront as a retainer. plus $100 filing fee.

I explained to him that I know how the system works.... then he said you mean how the system does not work... lol

He said even if I would not get 50/50 I would def get a reduction in childsupport.  We BS for a while. I ask him are judges seeing the economic realities of today, he said they have no choice but too.

He also said If I get 50/50 then due to our incomes she would have to pay me... I said I won't hold my breath on that one.  

He also mentioned something about about the changing of the 128 overnight rule.... something about judges looked at shared parenting after father had the 128 well now they look at it before you have 128 overnights or  something like that.

But mom is working. I got proof of her nursing certificate... we'll see what happens