Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 06:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Custody

Started by Dad of Twin Boys, Dec 20, 2004, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad of Twin Boys

I am a Father in North Carolina, and I am being refused Joint Custody of my twin boys 4years old. I have been described by the courts " fit and proper parent" Why is it that I am now being taken out of my children's lives? I need help. I do have a lawyer her name is Tammy Johnson in Dunn, NC. 28334, but I do not know if she has the interest of my chilren and me at heart. Can anyone help me get the documents that will help me in court?

flewwellin

do you have visitation with your boys?  or are the courts trying to take you completely out of their lives?  This is a sticky sittuation, I would fire the attorney if i wasn't absolutely sure that she had my kids and my own best interest at heart.  Maybe you should go to a different count and get a lawyer...... something to think about.  Don't settle on a lawyer.  That could be the biggest mistake you  can make in a sittuation like this one.

JazzGirlie17

My friend is filing for full custody of her 2 year old child,both legal and physical. She is only 18, and his ex-boyfriend is 20 years old. She isleaving with her new boy friend who happens to be over 25. They areliving in his parent's house with his child. She is arguing that shewants full costudy because her ex-boyfriend is a full time student and going to schoolan hour away. My friend was asking me if what are the chances that she is grantedfull costudy based on her arguments?

Davy

jazzgirlie17;  from what you have posted ... your friend has little chance.  it has becomed customary in many jurisdictions to grant joint custody.

What state are both parents in and how far did the mother move away from the father.