Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Expert Witnesses in Colorado

Started by trystero, Apr 28, 2009, 05:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trystero

Hi!  This looked like the right place to ask this, so...

Anyone familiar with expert witnesses in Colorado?  Specifically psychiatrists/psychologists?

Waylon

What is it that you want to know, specifically? Are you looking for a referral, or...?

Quote from: trystero on Apr 28, 2009, 05:57:28 AM
Hi!  This looked like the right place to ask this, so...

Anyone familiar with expert witnesses in Colorado?  Specifically psychiatrists/psychologists?
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

trystero

I have a hearing in just over a month after ex- attempted suicide while children were in her custody.  Aside from what treatment she has or hasn't had, I'm finding lots of study info and tech journal papers to indicate there some 1 in 4 chance she'll attempt it again in the next 3-5 years.  (that and I don't believe the right kind of treatment is being obtained).

So my thoughts were, facts would sound more credible coming from a Dr. than from me or by submitting these studies as evidence......so a possible expert witness with experience in failed attempted suicide could be a consideration.

As I've learned the hard way, cases ALWAYS come down to evidence and 'expert' testimony...my opinions and feelings are 2nd or 3rd or 10th.....