Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Tryna get my life back.........  (Read 3395 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Tryna get my life back.........
« on: Oct 24, 2009, 09:22:30 PM »
I'm a single father unemployed since 2003,.I am currently on child support for both of my kids,.i have a 16 yr old daughter,.an a 11 yr old son,..currently im bein sued by child support,..and they ordered me to pay $1,800 by Dec.17th,.or jail time,.and at the same time im on child support for my son to,..they just sent me a letter,.saying that i have to pay them $2,500 by nov.12,..how can they do this at the same time?...

And I already stated to them that im currently unemployed,..hell i even asked them if they could help me find work,..no-reply,..my life has been in constant erray!..I feel like i don't have a life anymore,.and just for the case!..

I have taken care of my daughter since she was a baby,..ive always been there for her when she needed me,..im also a music producer,..but that has'nt been paying the bills,..Im currently staying with my mother helping her out,..she'z very sick,..and needs help everyday,..so not only do i not have a job,..

im taking care of my mother,.and i keep my daughter every 2 weeks,.and sometimes she stays 4-6 days with me,..and that requires money that i dont have,..but i do what i can do just to see her and keep her close to me in my life,..and i even told my public defender that my daughter is'nt even staying with her mother,.she stays with her step-father and she did'nt even tell me,..my daughter told me,..how is it that she can still get child support if my daughter is'nt living with her?...I dont have money for a lawyer,..so how can i resolve this issue and regain my dignity as a man?...


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 222
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tryna get my life back.........
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »
As long as there is a support order, you must pay the support.  It doesn't matter who the child is living with.

If you have the child an extended period of time, especially if you have her close to 50% of the time, you might file with the court to end the child support.  But until that's granted you're still going to have to pay what you owe them.
You can also file to have them lower the support, since you're not working currently.
Sorry things are rough for you right now....


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.