Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 07:33:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

interstate, interference, and going broke

Started by andydandy, Jul 27, 2009, 08:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andydandy

New to site, but will try to keep it brief. Unmarried when we had our child, had to fight to establish original order. Finally able to mediate and have my child 7days+3; but she has since moved from that state, to another, and now back again. Relocated to 2nd state to be nearer to my child.   
Mother is showing definitive signs of bipolar (I know it's probably used as much as false allegations the other way, but she actually does have a milder diagnosis which she refuses to take seriously) and some concerning negligence. I can't get a state to hear it so far; and what's worse, now I apparently can't enforce the order I already have. I've been in 3 states' court systems, and as anyone knows--Family Attorneys are not cheap.

So to sum up:
Interstate order
Apparently questionable jurisdiction
Interstate custodial interference

What I'm trying to determine at the moment is can I use/does it apply, Parental Kidapping Prevention Act? I read somewhere that it is applied differently than UCCJEA and that the local authorities must enforce it, unlike contempt of custody order. I'm 2 visits already prevented, and I'm being threatened with a 3rd. No legal grounds, just may or may not comply.

Anyone?