S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Visitation  (Read 2657 times)

johnny8398

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
Visitation
« on: Jul 28, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »
I have been denied my visitation rights by his mother, even though the court ordered this. I live in Kentucky and my son lives in Michigan, Bay City. Last year I lost my job, and was living with a friend, so when my son came up for the summer I sent him back with his mother early due to him having problems with the kids there and me not having a good foundation for him.
Now the mother is saying the child is having problems with this and is seeing a counselor and does not want to come here. His mother has tired something each year to stop him from coming, now its this.
Don't have the money to get a good lawyer for Michigan, and the Friend of the court says write a letter of complaint and we will see what we can do. Have a good foundation now. The child is ten.
Does anyone have a similar problem or have any good advice on this matter.

Davy

• View Profile
Re: Visitation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »
Johnny,  What state jurisiction ordered the most recent custody (visitation) arrangement.

All parties must follow and comply with those orders and there is really nothing that can be done judicially until a party does not comply with the order.  The court order must be followed until it is changed by a court which typically is not easy with out substantail change in circumstances.

It is probably not best to contact Michigan authoritives  if the order originated in KY.

snowrose

• View Profile
Re: Visitation
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2009, 08:39:12 PM »
The courts will start considering the wishes of a child around the time they get to 12 or 13, before that the child is not considered to have any input into visitation - unless there are safety concerns.

Have you tried filing for contempt?

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.