Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:35:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mom moving.... my rights and questions etc... Help

Started by superdad01, Sep 17, 2009, 03:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

My daughter informed me today that her and her mother are moving before next year. I know they is a 100 mile rule and since I have Secondary physical custody with an extensive visituation schedule if I would have any rights in keeping child in the same school district etc. in case she decided to move out of town....  I have no idea on where they would be moving but the less questions I ask the better

Anything wording wise I could place in an order preventing a move or anything that would be  to where we would have to agree on the stipulations?

Since she is the one moving will that be a deciding factor in her doing a share of the transportation costs?

I have been waiting to file for a modification since I am back to 1st shift and making less money now. so I would like to knock out as much as possible in this petition

Gestalt

Has mom informed you that she plans to move? Generally, moves- especially ones that change schools districts- are seen as enough of a change of circumstance to have a modification request heard. Do you live in the child's current school district?

superdad01

yes we both live in the same school  district about 10 mins apart. I don't think it would be in child's best interests to move out of school district  friends etc, and disrupt even more time with her father who she sees regulary.

It's better to be proactive then react after the move.

Her mom is a nurse and they are  numerous job oppurtunitues locally, so It's not like she has to move far away to get a job.

Davy

Yes!  Be very pro-active.

File now to limit child's residence to within 25 miles of the other parent whether she's moving or not....  The location of the child is the only issue of importance.  NOT the location of the other parent that is free to locate whereever they like.    

ocean

Do you bring child to school now or pick up from school? I would file that child will not be moved out of current school district.

superdad01

Quote from: ocean on Sep 19, 2009, 04:56:22 PM
Do you bring child to school now or pick up from school? I would file that child will not be moved out of current school district.

I can do that?  Were in a good school district now. I do not take her to school nor pick her up. Mom won't allow that. I do go up to school and visit her for lunch on occasion. I get her after she gets out of school. Mom would not allow her to ride the bus to my house.

Mom even fights my vacation time during school year, since our order states "Anytime during the year" But the FOC did side with me on the last occasion and I did get to take her to school daily.

What I would ideally like to get is 50/50 but that's probally a long shot.

ocean

Then ask for modification that states "child will ride bus home from school on fathers visitations days which are XYZ" AND "child will not be removed from current school district"  At the same time you can ask for an increase parenting time..Thurs afternoon- Monday morning on your weekends? or something like that?