Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:17:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I got a lawyer... free!

Started by BrokenDad, Sep 04, 2009, 12:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenDad

to everyone out there feeling as desperate as I was.... don't give up!  I found out today that an attorney is willing to take my case pro bono... I found out today that most counties have a pro bono program and as long as you meet the financial eligibility requirements and have a good enough case someone will take it.  will keep you posted on my case

asof2005

that is great news, wish we could too

ocean

That is good but...
Just do your homework too... Just because they are free doesn't mean they are good or have the time for your case as much as you would like, especially when it is for free. They all sound great in the beginning.... Write up what you want before hand, typed, hand it to them.
Good luck!

BrokenDad

thanks, i wouldn't have thought of that.  will keep you posted.

determined

CONGRATS!

I do like the idea of working closely with them and put your wishes/guidance in writing.

DrewW

Please remember that attorneys are just your legal representatives, at the end of the day or process, YOU are the one responsible for your legal decisions.  Do your research now, search the web and your own states court of appeals website to educate yourself on your states laws and common practices.  It is very complex and varies greatly from state to state as well as the results a father can have.  Some states are liberal in that they follow the laws in the books, some are outdated and follow unwritten rules of sending children to mothers regardless of the situation.  Give yourself the best possible chance for success.  Fight your battle now BEFORE you get into court and do as much as you can BEFORE you talk to any lawyer.  Mine is $150 per hour and still doesnt always call me back, and thats unfortunately common, so please stay on them paying or not b/c it can be make or break on getting your child in the best possible environment with the time they put into it.  It is a 9-5 for alot of attorneys and they keep an emotional distance, so dont waste your time for factual and relevant information with emotional issues.  Most importantly, take the time you have with your child and dont let them lose an ounce of your love and attention while you prepare for the fight of their life.  I will say a prayer for you, your child(ren), and your situation.  Good luck.