Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child enrollment in city school

Started by jgcrews, Oct 23, 2009, 10:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgcrews

Me and wife are seperated and have not yet filed for divorce.  Wife sent daughter to live with me. The city school refuses to enroll my child without a custody order saying that I have custody and signed by a judge.  Is this legal. They will not show me any policy, rule or regulation pertaining to this matter.  I reside in Alabama and wife lives in Georgia.

MixedBag

you must be talking about Autauga county--that's exactly how they handle it here.

Can't refer me to a law....which means it's policy.

It's also meant to prevent one parent from just plain running with a child unlawfully.

Will Mom cooperate and help?  (Don't laugh!)

Kitty C.

Talk to the district school board and ask them.  If they say yes, ask them to show you the state law pertaining to it.  Because it could only be by state law that they could refuse her w/o an order.  If they still won't budge, you may have to either find another school or talk to your atty.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Kitty, that didn't work here -- believe me. 

Actually, I chewed butt because when I moved here I wasn't asked those questions.

When OSD moved here -- all of that came to light -- because DAD was enrolling her.

Yep, flipped a gourd on those folks, BUT that meant I knew what I needed when Michael said he wanted to come.

There's another solution....let me PM the dad.