Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:25:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody transferred after nine years: thank you SPARC

Started by Kalkir, Oct 29, 2009, 07:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrCustodyCoach

Wonderful story!  Many congratulations.  I just can't get enough of seeing, hearing, reading stories with such positive outcomes - even when they take so very long to come to resolution.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.

redbabyblue70

Congrats to you and your son!  I totally believe what goes around, comes around.  We have recently had some rejoicing to do as well, after three years of agony, false allegations, etc.  It is hard to remember in the heat of the moment, but overall, all both parents should be concerned with is what is in the best interest of their child/children.  I know, easier said, then done.

God Bless.

Kalkir

Thanks everyone!  Again, in the first rough times, it was this site that was a main source information, perspective, and support.  I will never forget that.  When my son is older, I will have him come here to read up what waits for the unwary: fore warned is fore armed.

The biggest and most important piece of information anyone can get here is this: a parent must get through all the emotional distress to see just what does their child really need in the current situation, and then do whatever you can to make sure those needs are met. 

Sometimes a non custodial parent is nearly powerless to protect their children, but whatever power you DO have must be directed at those children's needs based on a priority of needs. Each situation is different, and each situation will change many times over during the course of the years. 

Take the long view: if it is a long hard grind to get just a few basic needs met, then resolve that is what it will take.  Having then taken the long view, each day do what you can to make progress on those goals, and then, LET GO.   Then get up the next day to do it again. 

GA_Stepmom

Congrats on your win!
          My husband and I have been fighting the same battles for 4 years now. I hope we are as rewarded as you in our attempts to keep my stepson in our lives! We have fought so long and so hard it comes to the point to where you don't think you have any fight left! But I know the best thing is to suck it up and keep moving. I really am thankful for this site as well. My husband and I are going to court next tuesday to try and obtain custody of my stepson. I have worked so hard to get all of our paper work together (which put in a folder is about 4 inches thick! lol). I have researched day and night for months. I have put my whole heart and sole into this... I just pray we get the blessing we've worked and prayed so hard for! So again CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN!!! Enjoy that Son of yours! They are only young once and now's the time to soak it all up!