Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Contempt of Court on BM, not helping financially  (Read 3160 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 54
  • Karma: -1
    • View Profile
Contempt of Court on BM, not helping financially
« on: Nov 15, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
I have 2 sons (ages 3 and 5) that live primarily with me (75/25%). There mother has refused to pay her court order child care of 35.4% for the children's babysitting. I have been keeping a record of all the money I have been paying towards their child care since end of June and I am trying to collect as much information on what needs to be done to file a contempt on her for not contributing financially. She is not even obligated to pay child support and this is the only thing she has to contribute to. I feel that if the tables were turned and the children lived with her, she would hav filed for child support so fast. What do I need to do in the state of Washington to file a contempt of court? Is this something I would need an attorney for? Or can this be completed myself.

Thanks in advance for your help.



  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Contempt of Court on BM, not helping financially
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »
My Personal Perspective:
I would suggest you hire an attorney to represent yourself and your children and do what the mother of your children would do.  Although attorney's are expensive, you need to be sure that there are no loose ends surrounding this matter.  Furthermore, the mother of your children may not be paying her portion of child care as she is probably saving money for her own attorney and plans to challenge the current 75/25 custody arrangement.

Do yourself and your children a favor and hire an attorney to provide closure to the matter. If the mother of your children does not have the money, she does not have it.  Just continue to gather support for the child care expenses incurred from the child care provider and supporting evidencing communication of those expenses and request for payment to the mother of your children.  When it is time to appear before a judge, have your attorney present the support you gathered and have your attorney request attorney fees be included in the settlement.

Always keep in mind, the money is for the care of the children and any money you leave on the table is not in the best interest of your children.  Just be sure to spend that money wisely and never let anyone steal money from your children.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.