Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: SAD day in New York....  (Read 2060 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Karma: 6
    • View Profile
SAD day in New York....
« on: Dec 18, 2009, 09:14:08 AM »
Well I just got out of court in New York....NY judge gave up jurisdiction of the case to TX.  She stated that she believes TX is a better forum for the case and because all the visitations happened in TX that's where the case should be held.

She also did NOT agree to let me have the child for the time I requested for the X-mas holiday.  She's only allowing me to have the child for 5 days.

I honestly wish she would have said this from the very beginning instead of having me hire an attorney in NY and make waste a few thousand dollars that I could have obviously used for an attorney in TX.  It is obvious to me that she had made up her mind since the very beginning. 

Does anyone have a suggestion for a really good attorney in North TX?  BM's attorney in TX is really aggressive and I think the attorney I had before isn't aggressive enough to deal with him.

I'm just feeling really beat down right now.  The judge didn't even care that I haven't even been allowed to talk to DD for months.  I can't believe that I have to start over.  Now I am going from a case where I was the petitioner to the respondent. 


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: SAD day in New York....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2009, 10:53:27 AM »


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 88
  • Karma: -8
    • View Profile
Re: SAD day in New York....
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2009, 05:34:34 PM »
I am sorry NY.  This is a set back, but don't give up.  Keep sight of your goals in the modifications at this point.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.