Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: child support and taxes  (Read 2368 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 28
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
child support and taxes
« on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »
I was ordered to pay support according to wages barely over minimum so its 60.00/wk. Am I still entitled to EOyear taxes, In Illinois.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5073
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: child support and taxes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:28:10 AM »
Look in your court orders. It needs to be stated in the papers for you to get the dependent credit. In NY there is a non-custodial credit. If you paid anything to childcare you can file for that too. Usually the custodial parent gets the tax break unless it was agreed to in court.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.