Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I have a question about remarring and name changes

Started by tomtom, Jan 10, 2010, 07:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomtom

After divorce ex-wife got remarried but she is still using my last name or her maiden name on court documents is this legal,any help would be appreciated

Waylon

If she hasn't legally changed her name to something different, then yes, it's legal.

Quote from: tomtom on Jan 10, 2010, 07:41:15 AM
After divorce ex-wife got remarried but she is still using my last name or her maiden name on court documents is this legal,any help would be appreciated
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tomtom

how can i find out if she change her name,in the final judgement it state that ex get to restore her maiden name

phil

If they are court documents related to your divorce, what does it matter?   I still have pleadings with my ex.  The courts always use my married name but I reverted to my maiden name.  It does not make the court documents invalid.

tomtom

she is married but refers to being a single mom in court.

phil

Again, and? I promise you I am not being flippant, but what does that matter? Her new husband in no way is responsible for the child you have together. Her saying she is a single Mom means what?   I am not sure what you are trying to get out of this.  Maybe if you can elaborate a bit more, better guidance can be provided.