Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Standard visitation?

Started by fight4him, Mar 14, 2011, 05:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fight4him

Is there somewhere I can go find what "standard" visitation is in TN? I am curious mostly about what is standard for summer visitations and such. One week? Two? Just trying to find some things to throw in the attorney's face tomorrow.

ocean

More than that...It looks like TN can go to 50/50 but usually 4-6 weeks with the non-custodial parent. Put dates with times each summer you get child. Look at school calendar to pick dates...
This is what I found online...

Generally, parents are free to visit with their children at alltimes that are mutually agreed to by both parents. However, whenparents cannot agree to exactly when visitation will occur, thestandard visitation
schedule
accepted most everywhere in the nation is:
• every other weekend
• four to six (4-6) weeks during the summer
• alternating holidays

MixedBag

Let me throw this thought out there -- one by one, the entire system will change, as each individual situation starts to stand up and say "I want 50/50, nothing less, nothing more."  and then 50/50 will become standard as more and more parents work to set their situation up this way.

It ain't gonna happen from the top down -- because this is not a FEDERAL issue, each state does their own thing.

SO, it has to happen from bottom up, which means when a family splits today, 50/50 is what they should expect regarding the children, and then go from THERE given individual circumstances.  (Well, that's my opinion, anyways.....I think that would be a start to fixing the other problems tooo).

fight4him

We are pretty much demanding 50/50. We only like four night a month for that happen and she willingly give us two of those ( and has for a year) so we just really need to have 2 nights a month added. Her leaving the county was the ONLY reason the judge didn't grant it before. Now she is back. Should be cut and dry. Yeah right..... Our attorney is out today as well but we did get the secretary to fax us the papers to read over. It is a counter-petition for modification. It didn't state anything about vacation or claiming every other year on taxes so I called back and asked if that needed to be added. No word yet. I swear, attorney's are horrible.

ocean

That was your counter paperwork?
If it was, anything you want, needs to be in there. WRITTEN. Tell them to add it.

Fax her back,
Please add these two lines:

Father will claim children in even years if he is up to date with child support as of Dec. 31st. Mother will claim children in odd years.

Father will have vacation time with children (be exact with dates and times if possible) from day children get out of school at 5pm until July( or Aug) XX at 7pm.

fight4him

Quote from: ocean on Mar 15, 2011, 01:11:09 PM
That was your counter paperwork?
If it was, anything you want, needs to be in there. WRITTEN. Tell them to add it.

Fax her back,
Please add these two lines:

Father will claim children in even years if he is up to date with child support as of Dec. 31st. Mother will claim children in odd years.

Father will have vacation time with children (be exact with dates and times if possible) from day children get out of school at 5pm until July( or Aug) XX at 7pm.

Yea, that was the paperwork.  She asked to be reimbursed for his attorney fees and such but didn't mention vacation or income tax. I'm beginning to seriously question her. If we lose at this go around, we are so done. We will take what we have and just be happy. It just isn't worth paying this attorney to do nothing, which is what I feel she is doing. Maybe I'm being too hard on her but when I pay someone that much money, I expect to be treated like I am her only client. Know what I mean? Instead, you can never get in touch with her, she never returns calls, etc.

I will be so glad when this is over.

ocean

You can file your own paperwork in most places for free. (in case you run into something else in the future...)

Also, ask if you can type it up and lawyer can read it and you can drop it off... Tell lawyer you are paying for court only and no phone calls back and forth (fire and rehire each court date).

Some ways to have some control and save money...