Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 12:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Advice needed please on responding to Court Motion

Started by Heston, Apr 02, 2011, 09:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heston

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about getting tapes or videos transcribed?  Can I transcribe them into typed reports?  I have lots of highly relevant audio and video tapes and plenty of stuff proving parental alienation.  I only have one week in which to have all this ready.   

My daughter admitted to cops her mom told her to lie.  She was too scared to say much about her injury.  She is terrified (with good reason) of the step dad.  Police did not have enough evidence and closed case.  CPS involved but not sure what is happening there.   

Kitty C.

In order for it to be used in court, it must be transcribed by an objective 3rd party, preferably a transcribing service.  If you have that short of time, it will probably cost you a little more to have it done quickly.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Heston

Thanks for that information.

I have another question which I wondered if anyone might know the answer to.  I have to provide discovery evidence to the BMs attorney next week.  I know that it doesn't have to include arguments on my part.  I have a ton of emails to present in evidence.  I will also have medical reports, police reports and so on.  I am not sure if I have to give them to the BMs attorney.  As I see it, that is more like evidence to support my arguments.  But I am unsure because from the research I have done, it appears you cannot add evidence at the hearing if you have not produced it to the opposing attorney.

Kitty C.

Like I've said before, Heston.....you REALLY need an atty.  There's no way anyone here can tell you what you should and shouldn't give the opposing atty.  Especially when we can't see specifically what you have.  Only an atty. who knows your case and the details on discovery can tell you what should or shouldn't be presented.  And your case is so sensitive and complex you really shouldn't leave this one to chance....which, IMO, you would be doing if you try this yourself.  Your child's safety and welfare depends on this.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......