Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Louisiana Child Support  (Read 1987 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Louisiana Child Support
« on: Sep 07, 2011, 05:50:19 AM »
Here's my situation, need advise.  I have three children, ages 18, 16, and 12 from a woman, never married. The 18 year old is out of high school. no college.  Approximately 10 years ago, me and baby mama signed a notorized agreement of $500 per month child support, however, the children would live with me during the summer months (approximately 2 1/2 months out of the year).  Over the course of the 10 years, my eldest son has lived with me 5 years, my youngest son 1 year as he suffers from a developmental delay and finding a school for him in my area was difficult, and my daughter 3 years.  As a result of this, we agreed that the payment of child support would be $400 about 5 years ago when the kids started living with me, and I have consistantly paid child support for these 10 years.  Baby mama finds out that I am about to get married in a year and now says she is going to put me on child support through the courts and that I won't be able to see my children next summer. I make about $40,000/yr, she makes about $10/hr. Will the court require me to pay more than I have been paying, or is the fact that we have a signed agreement sufficient enough. I have even considered calling child support on myself to begin the process. Please advise.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.