S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: How will I affect custody??  (Read 7681 times)

ocean

• Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
Re: How will I affect custody??
« Reply #10 on: Oct 25, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »
How did it go from him having them all the time to her moving close and getting 4 nights a week? Is she using dad's work schedule as a reason to be with her over you?

tigger

• Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 25, 2011, 05:45:13 PM »
Yeah her 4 nights a week are more than his 3 nights.  She has primary custody by default.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

blm

• New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 25, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
How did it go from him having them all the time to her moving close and getting 4 nights a week? Is she using dad's work schedule as a reason to be with her over you?
There was no "custody agreement" prior to her moving back and the judge ordering the temporary order. It was supposed to be 50/50 but somehow the CO was drawn up by HER lawyer and that's how the Sunday-Wednesday/Wednesday-Sunday started. Is something fishy here? I had no idea someone could get Primary by default?!

ocean

• Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2011, 07:14:29 PM »
Well, many times what is put as the temp order survives into the perm order. You now need to prove that this schedule is not working and why (with proof). Is there a GAL involved for the child? Also, you can ask that a line be added to agreement that states "mother is not allowed to move children out of home school district without father's written permission". Then give these orders to the school district.

Really think you need a GAL or a custody evaluation so someone is looking at the whole background, look at emails, and talk to the kids about what is going on. A GAL is a lawyer for the kids.

If work schedules are an issue, a judge will usually give a bio parent time over a step-parent.

If she has more NIGHTS then she would be considered primary parent. Courts count nights, not really days.

Spaceman1982

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25, 2011, 07:52:09 PM »
In Nevada, which adapts mostly from Cali law, they go by majority of the day (12 hours)

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.