Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Child having difficult time dealing with Absent Grandparent  (Read 10609 times)


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5071
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Child having difficult time dealing with Absent Grandparent
« Reply #20 on: Nov 12, 2011, 08:49:55 PM »
The Grandma in this case is way out of line and has been for years and years. Having Grandma in the parking lot of the school for no reason shows you how crazy she really is. I would be inclined to get a retraining order for her to stay away from children and school. I would also def get that appointment with Principal to make sure Grandma is not let into the building. What if she decides to take kids from school and leave town?

I get that Grandma should be giving chances but I think the poster is saying Grandma was given many many chances over the years and now the kids have to deal with their mom not being there at all and the only family that has been there is now trying to pick up the pieces. Will she "behave" with the children after all of this? Probably not.

How they dealt with the death is also a parental decision. I do not agree with the 3 week rule for all family but that was their decision. Kids should be surrounded by regular family members especially when you are coping and talking about it in the house/on the phone.

Sad situation but grandma is not coming to them saying..hey truce, I really want to see my grandkids and do whatever it takes to see them, lets set something up. 


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: Child having difficult time dealing with Absent Grandparent
« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2011, 08:21:46 AM »
I see mistakes on both sides....
Good luck!


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.