Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:42:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

out of state phased parenting plan examples or guide???

Started by jksfire, Nov 22, 2011, 03:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jksfire

Does anyone know where I can find out of state and/or phased parenting plan examples or guide???   I'm trying to put together a modification of old parenting plan. Absent mother of 8 years decided she wants full visitation as written in divorce.  But son doesn't know her or feel comfortable with her.  3  visits in 8 years and she truely believes that she will have him christmas for almost a week and a weekend every month and so on.  So I need to find some examples,  forms, or case studies that would help not only me but her as well by understanding that she may be ready but the kids need to figure out who they are and why etc. etc.

ocean

How far away is she by car? by airplane?
You can ask for her to visit your state a certain amount of times before he goes to her state. Usually long distance, she would get every other holiday and most of the summer. So if you have Thanksgiving week, then she would have Christmas and then next year switch. This probably will not be decided in one court visit, so this probably will not affect this year. Look on this website for many great parenting plans. You should also include many other sentences in the plan so you will have less problems. If it is not in the order you do not have it. Read, Read this site and make a plan that you think will work for you. For the summer, make sure you put that you get xx number of weeks to take child on vacation too. Make sure everything has dates and times whenever possible. Have the meeting place if you are driving or how flights will be paid for and dates child will fly. Children can fly alone at that age so be prepared for that too.

Did you file for emergency custody? or have a court date? If not, she can come to your home state and take child from school legally if she shows them the divorce papers.

Waylon

If you search this site you'll find several examples. There are also some professionally written plans available at parentingplan.net (http://parentingplan.net/).

Quote from: jksfire on Nov 22, 2011, 03:11:43 AM
Does anyone know where I can find out of state and/or phased parenting plan examples or guide???   I'm trying to put together a modification of old parenting plan. Absent mother of 8 years decided she wants full visitation as written in divorce.  But son doesn't know her or feel comfortable with her.  3  visits in 8 years and she truely believes that she will have him christmas for almost a week and a weekend every month and so on.  So I need to find some examples,  forms, or case studies that would help not only me but her as well by understanding that she may be ready but the kids need to figure out who they are and why etc. etc.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.