Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:43:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Non Custodial Parents who daughter in pschy ward and the fparents didn't tell me

Started by sil7623, Jan 03, 2012, 10:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sil7623

I am a mother who has a visitation rights and parental rights in tact in IL who hasn't had a phsicall visitation in almost 3 yrs.
they are 17 and 15 yr s DDs . I do have been having conversations with them over text messages all this time without the other foster parents knowing. The oldest DD tell me that she isnt allowed to talk to me or txt me.  I have enough proof to arrest these people for violating a court order but right now won't be a good idea to have cc battle. My dd 15 is in a pschy ward for suicide attempts. Cutting herself. the foster parents didn't even told me this. I found cuz my DD 18 bf told me. My DD 18 blocked me on fb. I emailed the foster parents but if they get nasty I will have to write letter to the school, and my ds doctor of that i have the right to my daughters medical /school records any advice/?

ocean

First you can not have the foster parents arrested. It does not work that way in family court. Since the kids are in foster care, you must have a social worker. Call that person up and ask what is going on. If that does not work, then ask to talk to their supervisor. Talk nicely but firmly.

It also depends on why the girls were taken away from you and why you are not having your visitation. The social worker is the one who should be making contact with you. If you still have custodial rights, then take the court order and go to hospital for records. If you have visitation in the court order, talk to the hospital staff about setting up a time to see child IF child wants to see you. Your child's health comes first.

sil7623

I should have said that my kids are in private guardianship and I am the non custodial parent who has visitation rights and I did finally had a chance to talk to my kids guardians. They re so arragant. I informed that I know my dd in in pschy ward and for them to give me a security code so I can see my daughter. Well they never gave to me. They said it's up to my daughter (KEEP IN MY MIND IN THE FAMILY COURT I WAS NEVER FOUND AS UNFIT MOTHER. THIS WHY I HAVE MY PARENTAL RIGHTS IN TACT) The issue is that the guardian tell my children not to see. So anyways. The guardians still refuse to give any information. I spoke with old attorney saying that i have the court order still in hand what can i do? she said that the court order is valid until the child reaches 18 yrs then is void. So I took to the hospital and i informed them. So know I am awaiting on the hospital to see what happens. The Hospital staff said that even if I did get access to her. It's up to my DD to see if she wants to see me

ocean

Yes, the visitation at the hospital should be on child's terms but ask to speak to the dr in charge of her and see if they can do a counseling session in the hospital with counselor, child, and you. Also, with the court order, you should be able to get all court records.
Maybe write child a letter and drop if off at hospital? This way you know she will get it before she leaves and the counselor can start talking to her about it even if you are not there.

You can go back to court and ask for a modification to the visitation plan, and address some of these concerns. Access to children (days/times/computer access), visitation (pick up from school or police station?), and even get them into court ordered counseling with you and not guardians. You can go back to the family court you dealt with and ask for the paperwork and write the things you want to see changed.

If the hospital is not accepting the paperwork by today, you can probably file emergency paperwork in court to be able to see child and gain access. Call hospital today and ask if they are accepting paperwork today and if not, you will be going to family court to get a direct order for them. Ask family court what to fill out for this (emergency order). You should see a judge today if you go early enough.

Ask to meet dr in person and let them tell you everything they are telling guardians.