Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:09:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My son never wants to leave with his father

Started by Krystal44, Mar 04, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krystal44

My son's father and I have 50/50 custody. When his father comes to pick him up or I drop him off, my son cries and sometimes reaches out to me and says "no! Mamma, mamma!" My son never does this when he's dropped off to me or I pick him up. He is always happy. Should this raise any red flags? I know his father doesn't give him the attention I do and he has a lot more toys at my house. I don't think his dad is mean to him but I don't really know because I'm not there. All I know is that when I am there, his dad spends a lot of time doing his own thing while my son plays by himself. Would this be concerning to anyone? My son will be 2 years old in April and it has been this way for maybe 9-10 months. Thank you

ocean

Sounds pretty normal and dad will not parent like you do. Talk up positive that it is almost time to go to dad's. Maybe have child pick a few toys to bring with him because at that age they like the same toys. 50/50 takes a lot of work on both parents part to make it work. Soon your son will be able to talk more about what he does at both houses and it will become easier but remember that courts care if he is fed, clothed, has a bed. Try to make it work. Maybe have facetime with him and he has facetime with dad on your time so he can see both of you on the days he is not with each of you? Not sure how you split the 50/50 but many people do 4/3/3/4 or something like that so it is not a full week apart from the other house especially when they are young. Also, if you get along with ex, you can offer both of you a mid week dinner visit if you are close enough. Good luck!

Krystal44

Thank you. That sounds like reasonable advice. It makes me want to cry when this happens and I want to just tell his dad he cant take him. I know this is unreasonable and thats why i posted here. I am open to as much advice as possible.