Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 03:38:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Communicating with ex

Started by BeKind, Jul 01, 2012, 06:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeKind

When I divorced my ex, I limited the ways he could communicate with me to a house phone (which is forwarded to my cell phone) and email due to harassing text messages and his anger issues. Thus far, there has been no issue with this. I call his cell phone to speak to our son, but any communication we have between us is limited to email. As of today, he made the statement that all emails will now be set to auto-delete and that the only way I can communicate with him is via phone. Any suggestions on how to go about this? I use the email to keep track of everything and also because any changes to our CO have to be in writing, and mainly to avoid the arguments that happen whenever we speak to each other. This is definitely going to be an issue.

ocean

Let it go to voicemail and let him talk. If you agree to anything, type it up "as we agreed on the phone on xx date at xx time ......" then register mail it to him for important things. Will he text to the cell phone?

BeKind

I'm sure he would text, but then I would get awful texts at all hours of the day/night as I did before. I had to change my cell phone number, as did my boyfriend, due to he and his mother's incessant harassing phone calls and texts. It was the only way to keep my sanity. As it stands, I still have to deal with the harassment through email, but at least that I can ignore until I am ready to deal with it because I have all of his emails go to a separate account.

MixedBag

turn the ringer off after reasonable hours.

lock those harassing texts.

I would recommend "priority confirmed delivery" OVER certified mail. 

AND cut down your communication only to totally totally essential contact.

CuriousMom

Not sure how the wireless carriers work today, but a few years ago we had AT&T download cellular voice mail messages and so we had them saved elsewhere.  I think unless you go in and continue to save them they will auto-delete after a certain period of time.

Might be worth checking into if phone is becoming his new form of communication.