Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:18:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School Supplies

Started by EHFAR, Jul 30, 2012, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EHFAR

In TN, who is responsible for purchasing school supplies- the parent receiving child support or the Custodial parent?

Waylon

Quote from: EHFAR on Jul 30, 2012, 06:28:56 PMIn TN, who is responsible for purchasing school supplies- the parent receiving child support or the Custodial parent?

It depends.

Generally things like school supplies are supposed to come out of money the custodial parent receives as child support, but there may be other provisions detailed in the parenting plan.

If nothing is specified in the parenting plan, however, then it's usually the responsibility of the custodial parent to pay for these things.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

EHFAR

Our Parenting Plan does not address school supplies.  However, in my state, the child support guidelines say that Basic educational expenses associated with the academic curriculum for a public school education, such as fees, books, and local field trips, are also included in the BCSO as determined by the CS Schedule.     I'm wondering if this still applies when the Non Custodial parent is receiving the child support. 

MixedBag

I would say "Custodial Parent".

It's very rare that the NCP receives CS.

CS is to "equalize" the child's environment in both homes.  (Don't laugh, k!?)