Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Kids being kept in Mexico  (Read 2338 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Kids being kept in Mexico
« on: Aug 21, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
My wife has been keeping my kids in Mexico for the past year. We are all US citizens and I have been trying to get them back. I finally had a chance over Christmas and brought them back to Texas where I grew up and my family lives. I met with a judge and he granted a restraining order against my wife to keep her from taking them back. She took me to court and said that Mexicio had jurisdiction because of the time we had been down there. The Texas judge refused to accept jurisdiction on those grounds and warned me that if I did not work out an agreement with my wife he would call in Child Protection Services. No, I´m not kidding. So having this threat, the threat that I would have to pay her legal fees if I lost, the threat of having to pay more legal fees of my own that I could not afford, I made a bad mistake and allowed her to take the kids back.

Well, now I am back down here. I have a criminal case against me for having taken my kids to the US without my wifes permission. I am not allowed to leave Mexico, and if I do, I will be guilty of a felony and of course not be able to return to see my kids. My wife has been diagnosed with Sociopathic Personality Disorder and has bulimia. Of course the courts here need proof which I can´t get without my wifes permission. I am out of money and can´t make very much here. If I come back to the states to work, I will never here or see from my kids again. They are 3 and 5. They are my life. I have heard of the Hague Convention but have been told that it will take years and they may not be able to help because of the time the kids have been here.

Does anyone know anything that could help me. I am at the end of my rope. Help.....


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.