Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 08:24:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

divorce/custody

Started by caveman48, Sep 16, 2012, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caveman48

i am going through a divorce been about 7 months i was served then i responded to husbands papers...i have waited several months with no reply from court...i could not afford to file after i responded...now the X says he is taking my  child out of her school next week and i should be getting divorce papers next week or so in mail...i have moved twice so i can afford to raise my child he says divorce will be final this month...i did not get ANYTHING FROM  COURT  not even a court date to appear...no paper work because i have moved a couple of times...does he have the    right to win custody of my child without a fight?? this is wrong...i am a great parent and he is using the system against me...he says because i did not pay to file my petition the court granted HIM  what he asked for!! NOT FAIR

CAN ANYONE HELP ME I REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON...R WE ALMOST DIVORCED? CAN HE TAKE MY CHILD OUT OF MY SCHOOL DISTRICT? IM SO ANGRY AND CONFUSED...IM WORKING 2 JOBS JUS TO GET BY AND HE WORKS UNDER THE TABLE AND IS OF FOOD STAMPS...GO FIGURE!!!! MAKES ME SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

tigger

What state are you in? I think you can call the clerk of courts where the petition was filed and find out where your case stands.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

ocean

Tig is right, call the clerk, give your name and ask if there are any court dates coming up or if any orders just happened?
If you can go down there it would be better and ask for copies of anything new. Then you can file an emergency order to stop father from taking child out of school if he really did not receive custody.
This all does not sound correct, if you really did not know about the court dates, it usually is postponed but eventually have to make a decision. Call and find out what has happened in the last 7 months.

You can also see if you qualify for legal aid and have a lawyer help you.

Spaceman1982

Most district courts have a website you can also search the family law records to see what's up.

Most states require hand served to initiate divotce.....if person is "unfindable" they then require a publication to attempt to notify other party. If both done the. They will enter default judgement.

Default judgements are easily over turn to start the legal process. However don't think a judge won't hold it against you for showing up late if you were served.