Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child sent to live with NCP by CP, abandoned. Help?

Started by Gracelife7, Sep 14, 2012, 06:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracelife7

My daughter was sent to live with me by her CP yesterday. They could no longer provide care. CP wanted to move in with me also but it would make the situation strange, I did intake my child however. I have enrolled my child into school as well she starts Monday and added them to the lease. We had a custody blow out in 2008 with a vacated and dropped from cal. order on custody neither of us use in California. The child was dropped off in a nearby state where I reside with my spouse and our younger child. CP is in the area and left us only a PO Box to contact them with. I started contacting attorneys. Should I use an attorney or should we just go pro-per with this as open/shut? Or can this get complicated? Has anyone ever been in such a situation? Would you let CP stay in your own home with the child and current spouse since their situation is also dire and also obtain full custody if such a living arrangement came to be? I am having a hard time turning someone in need down but for fear of them trying to snake my daughter back from me I am not going to let it go lightly until I know my daughter can be secured in an environment whereby she won't be homeless and on the streets with CP.

Thank you. I urgently need some people's opinions on this before I move forward with filing Monday

ocean

Go to family court first thing Monday, take proof that you enrolled child in school and have child. File an emergency temporary custody papers (emergency, not regular custody) and the reason, "child was dropped off to petitioner as other parent can no longer take care of child. Other parent left a po box only for contact, petitioner signed child up from school and is asking to be granted temporary custody as of today.

No, I would not allow her to live with you. Once you do, she is a tenant and you can not easily kick her out if needed.

I am surprised the school allowed you to enroll her without custody papers.

Tell ex where social services is in your area and she can get help there.