Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Child Custody  (Read 791 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Child Custody
« on: Nov 17, 2006, 10:14:49 AM »
I am a single mom of 2. My kids have different fathers. This past year hasn't been great. First I lose my job then my apartment. In Aug. of 2005 I move in with a friend because she didn't want to see us on the streets. We stayed there for about 10 months. Now I'm in transitional housing and about to move into my own apartment and I've been working for the past 6 months. Here's the problem my son's "father" who didn't know any of this because he was a absentee father now knows and is trying to take custody of my son. For 9 years he has no real relationship other than 4 weeks in the summer with him. But a NJ judge felt that my son is better off with the father who lives out of state. I want to appeal. I need to know what do I need to show the court? This judge was one sided from the moment i walked in the courtroom. She hears the father yell I live in shelther which it's not and she gave a child I cared for alone to him. The didn't even consider that I'm moving or that I'm working now. Just that she thinks I live in a shelter. The place where we stay is not a shelter we have our own unit with bedroom, batroom, and a living room, with programs to help poor working families to get on their feet. Thanks for any responses


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.