Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Gaining visitation rights, US father/Canadian Mother  (Read 1838 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Gaining visitation rights, US father/Canadian Mother
« on: Jul 17, 2013, 09:54:39 PM »
Has anyone had any experience going through the courts to gain access to their child in this situation, internationally? The child is 2, and lives in Canada with his mother, we are in Alaska. She is controlling every aspect of communication, as to when my son is allowed to call and talk to his son, or she will call when she clearly knows he is not home because she stalks him through social media, etc. They have no legal paperwork in place. She is just very malicious, and when he does something she doesn't like, she threatens him with taking away his rights, or tells him he will never see his son again. It is time for him to do something but, he doesn't know where to start. He doesn't have a lot of money, and just feels there is nothing he can do, so he puts up with the behavior. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA.


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: Gaining visitation rights, US father/Canadian Mother
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2013, 04:24:39 PM »
You have a PM....but I'd encourage you to file in Canada to get Dad's legal rights established.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.