Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Life continues on

Started by JayC, Jul 27, 2013, 09:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayC

Holy Cow! Still going strong today. I remember coming here every day. For that I am grateful because it allowed me to keep my sanity. And today I see people still going through the process, looking for some hope, to be an important part of their child's life. Be glad you are here reading the information available. It may give you some sanity back also.
So good to see a lot of the older but gooder people from way back when. I've missed you all a lot. You all know who you are. I'm sitting here smiling remembering some of the old dnet wars lol, *sigh*  ::)  ...those were the days. Looking back I see how karma is alive and well. You are surrounded by good people here.

ocean

What was your name on dnet? Yeah, many of us are still here...LOL  Many are moving on dealing with ex with marriages, births, and grandkids!

JayC

Gosh it's been that many years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was same as here... JayC. I faintly remember ocean, but you had a different handle that I knew you by and I can't remember. Waylon was always Waylon, and Mixed was Mixed here and something else there I believe. Sorry if my memory is slow remembering. LOL I can only giggle at some of the things I remember happening back then. It was a hoot!

Kitty C.

JayC!!!!!!!!!!  It's great to see you, buddy!  Long time no hear from!   ;D

Yeah, we've all grown older...maybe wiser, LOL!  I started here when SS was about 3 years old....he's now 19 and engaged!  Yes, karma is a GOOD thing and we've seen it in action over and over again!

I predicted way back then that DH's ex would grow old lonely and alone...so far, it's coming true.   ;)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

JayC

Hi Kitty!!! I remember! Nice to see you too!!! Yes, older.... my youngest will be 21 next month. He was 5 when I first came here. Time really flew! Way back then I didn't think about the phase where they grow independent and have a life of their own. I'm kinda getting over the empty nest syndrome. LOL

MixedBag

Another blast from the past huh?

Thank goodness for Waylon....

My son was 3 1/2 when I had to leave him behind...he's 20 now.
On to the grandbabies....and my daughter's and their problems....and helping them now.   
Life....

hogtyed

A little late to the party, but I remember a few of the names. Started coming here and custodyreform back in 2000. Oldest is graduating this year and all three are in high school. One DD actually moved in with me a couple of years ago. Now that I've given a ton of money to my ex, courts and lawyers oh, and select sport; it's time to give it to the colleges.

Ahh....but for some reason my kids seem worth every penny.

Anybody ever hear from caring dad at Custody Reform? He was always a great voice of reason?

MixedBag

Yes I have -- years and years ago.

Today I stick to very few places.  Back then I was more "obsessed" with trying to figure out what the heck happened to me and different places gave different points of view.   

When EX#2 and Camilla "found me" or I found "them" -- I decided to stick to one name no matter where and post knowing it would get shown to a judge.....

My three are grown and emancipated -- BUT that doesn't mean the challenges are gone (unfortunately)

Waylon

Quote from: hogtyed on Oct 30, 2013, 01:43:29 PMAnybody ever hear from caring dad at Custody Reform? He was always a great voice of reason?

I could be mistaken, but he may have passed away. All admin activity on the forum stopped one day and that was that. When the domain name expired we picked it up to help insure that people going there would still be able to find help.

http://custodyreform.com (http://custodyreform.com)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.