Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Question of neglect  (Read 2331 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Question of neglect
« on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:50 PM »
My sons mother has not worked for 7 years has no car and stays with her niece who lives on section 8. We don't have a court ordered support agreement but she is not providing the parenting to help my son. She has changed his school 4 times in 2 years and he is behind but still going to second grade. She refuses to let him stay with me as I am married now and have a functional home yet she is only holding on to him for the money I give her but not checking home work and not reinforcing what he needs to start life off right. She has no means of getting a home and has been at her niece home with her three kids , one that's autistic in a two bedroom apartment that has two adults and 4 soon to be 5 kids there. I've contacted my local social services department already and educated if the living situation and her neglect to provide a safe environment for my child. Is there anything else I need to do? If anyone has any advice it would appreciated. I'm saving up for a lawyer but I don't know what else to do. Thoughts?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.