Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes


am I wrong for not leaving my home, my husband,my job etc, and everything because my 14 year old daughter wants me to leave and move in with them and my ex mother in law?????

0 (0%)
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: Feb 27, 2015, 06:43:14 AM

Author Topic: feeling full of guilt  (Read 3617 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
feeling full of guilt
« on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:43:14 AM »
Please I need opinions....


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 7924
  • Karma: 591
    • View Profile
Re: feeling full of guilt
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2015, 06:55:13 AM »
I think a bit more information is needed before we can offer advice or an opinion. 

1) What's the distance between where you live and where your child lives?
2) How long since the divorce?
3) How long since the remarriage?
4) What makes her think you could live with your exMIL?  I get along GREAT with my exMIL and exFIL and have stayed with them during storms and such (with my kids) but I wouldn't move in with them.

With just the info you've given, I'd say no, you're not wrong for dropping everything and leaving a marriage for what would likely be a very uncomfortable situation and for only 4 years.  It would be much easier (though not from a 14 year old's perspective) for her to drop everything and come live with you. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
Re: feeling full of guilt
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »
I agree with Tigger....


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.