Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Doctor Visits  (Read 2168 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 853
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Doctor Visits
« on: Feb 07, 2015, 07:43:03 PM »
Hi,  My situation is the one where we have an agreement that has been signed off on as a court order.  The agreement has my son, his ex girlfriend, and my husband and I all having shared custody of our 15 month granddaughter.   Things quickly ran off track once the ex-girlfriend moved in with her mother and now we have lawyers and a court date pushed back to April.

Our agreement states that if the child becomes ill, the party who has her has to notify the other party on the day of the illness.   Today, when we picked up the child, the mother comes over saying how "that horrible rash" the child had turned out to be a yeast infection from antibiotics.  We knew nothing of a horrible rash as she had no rash when we returned her Tuesday.  The date on the cream was yesterday.  Our son texted her and asked when the child went to the doctor and why wasn't he told.   She stated that she does not have to tell him anything.

My husband had texted yesterday asking how child was and mother responded, "Good".  This happened last week as well - mother texted "good" and then 1 1/2 hours later called son saying daughter was very ill and running a fever of 102 - took to the ER.  An ear infection.

I know none of this is enough to file a show cause, but am I right in thinking this behavior is not going to look good on her in court?


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5068
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Doctor Visits
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2015, 08:14:09 PM »
Family court seen it all and this is not something new. Document it but really you can not change ex.
You can send registered letter:
Our court order on page xx paragraph xx states "xxxxxx". I text you at xx and you replied child was "good" but later in the day picked up the medicine without calling and telling me about her sick appointment. In the future, please text me with the appointment time if child is sick on your time with you.
You (attach and highlight court order page)

You can ask lawyer to give you/son sole legal/medical custody or language in court order about calling dad to make medical appointments and avoiding ER visits.

Mom's can take child to doctor too so this is something that you can document to ex and use in the grand scheme of things in court. She brought child to doctor, picked up meds for child, started meds.......so courts have seen a lot worse. Pick you battles. Document and give to lawyer...


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.