Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 03:54:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CP Claiming child is mentally ill to avoid visitation

Started by 23ncp, Oct 08, 2015, 07:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

I think you should also start reading up on what FL defines as a reason to continue CS for a mentally ill child beyond the age of 18.  Is "anxiety" on that list?  Find some case law -- or ask your attorney about that like IF there is case law and does your daughter seem to be heading in that direction. 

She's 16 huh?  this is a precarious age....and personally, I feel that WITHOUT the support of the CP or a really hard ass judge....you might be totally out of luck.

I still say -- go to her location....offer to pick her up for lunch ... and then go home.  If daughter refuses, go to lunch anyways, take a selfie....text it to her....and go home.  Make sure she knows you were in HER local area.  It might not do any good today, and it might NEVER, but then again it might. 

Looking back, I did some crazy ass things to go see my son (12 hour drive away) during the years and it has paid off.  Even with my former step-kids....notice I said FORMER, I still have three that call me for advice vs. their dad or mom who are both local.  My kids know I will go the extra mile -- might be on free airline miles, but I'll take the time.   Little things like that will win them back over...  Like here comes Christmas -- the texts can be "What can I get you for Christmas this year?  I'd like it to be something you want so that you are happy."  Notice it's all about HER and not about you.....teens are like that.  Then you do what your budget will allow. For a short period of time, make it about them.....until they start talking and participating, and then start turning the tide and make it about family. 

I had one friend -- who bought the Christmas present, dropped it off at the child's house and left without looking back.  THAT had impact....the child realized they wanted more, but Mom dropped off the gift and left.  Few months later, the tide started turning.  As they got older, the tide started turning. 

but there are others where the tide never comes in.....they have overbearing parents and have totally been brainwashed and hogtied.... Read Divorce Poison....

23ncp

Thanks MixedBag...I had no idea that you posted.

There are 2 problems with going down there:

1) The cops and I don't have a great history there. I have come close to being arrested a few times when I lived there because of the CP...won't get into details there, but don't want to have to hire a criminal lawyer as well. :)

2) The case has taken a potential modify child support upward angle as punishment for trying to exercise visitation....to the extent that the family I live with won't be able to eat....especially when I am out of work. Again, I can't help but to defer to the false idealism that child support and visitation are different matters. I have new kids and whether or not the court "cares" about them, they need to eat too.

I have decided to shut up and not exercise the rights that I have on paper that don't exist in the real world anyways in an effort to de-escalate which might, just might work depending on the CP's motivation in all of this.

I'll give Divorce Poison a read.

Thanks again.

MixedBag

Good luck....read your updated in the other section.