Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 03:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custodial parent kicks 15 year old out, ncp gets the child and still has to pay

Started by Madredwoman, Jun 30, 2016, 11:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madredwoman

My ex kicked out daughter out in 2014 so I went and got her and she has lived with me ever since. He has had nothing to do with her and even moved to another state for a while. I filed for modifications over a year ago and he went to child support recovery and told them he had her and they suspended my licenses so I lost my job.

Finally over a year later we had mediation today and he wants me to repay him child support and would not sign consent so he can get child support for her from me for a few more months. I was shocked to find out that I will have to pay him! What is wrong with our system? You can kick your child out, act as if you do not have one and get paid for doing it?

What is really surprising is that it doesn't seem to be an issue because of the court order! I have hired an attorney, filed for modifications through CSE and can't even take my child to the therapist, and as you can imagine she is in need of one since her father, which by the way was abusive and has a violent history, just takes from her. He was found guilty of child abuse and Defacs sent her home with him that night. There is not one person that has acted as if this should be an issue. Maybe I am crazy but it seems very wrong to me!