Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 12:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hidden Income

Started by TwistingTheKnife, Oct 10, 2016, 07:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwistingTheKnife

**I posted this in the PA forum, but it doesn't look like anyone has been there since 2015, so I am trying again** 
My ex is self employed in a cash business and lies about income.  Ex is now filing for support of my 18 year old child (who is still in HS). How to I protect myself from being raked over the coals when the assets are hidden, making it seem like yearly income is only $15,000 (in actuality its $150,000) compared to my $40,000?  :o

ocean

Depends on the PA formula. Here is NY, it is 17% of the NCP income so really doesn't matter what the custodial parent makes....
He will have to fill out a financial form with the courts. Ask for that paper before you go in. It should list his income along with his debts (rent/mortgage, car payments, utilities). If he is showing so much less than he should be asked how he is making ends meet.
Look online for a PA child support calendar. Plug in the numbers and see what you should be paying.
Child support should be until child finishes HS or 18 in PA? (NY is different, goes to age 21).

Waylon

There's almost certainly a way to show that the ex is making more than is being reported, i.e. "money in versus money out". In other words, ex reports $15K/year but somehow magically spends $50K/year...any decent attorney should know how to expose this.

Good luck!

Quote from: TwistingTheKnife on Oct 10, 2016, 07:39:43 AM
**I posted this in the PA forum, but it doesn't look like anyone has been there since 2015, so I am trying again** 
My ex is self employed in a cash business and lies about income.  Ex is now filing for support of my 18 year old child (who is still in HS). How to I protect myself from being raked over the coals when the assets are hidden, making it seem like yearly income is only $15,000 (in actuality its $150,000) compared to my $40,000?  :o
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.