Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Not sure how to proceed

Started by Casidi, Feb 08, 2008, 07:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casidi

Hi everybody. I'm new to this forum and looking for help. My boyfriend has been physically separated from his wife for almost 2 years now and for the past year has been trying to get her to sit down with him to fill out the paperwork for their divorce so that they both would get what they wanted. She will make a date then invariably have some reason she can't make it. So at this point he is going to petition for divorce and ask for full custody of both their children.

They have 2 children together one 10 and one 4. Currently The youngest is living with us and the older son is living with her. She recently left where she was living due to substance and physical abuse happening in the home. We threatened her to leave there several times and said we'd call CP if she didn't get out. When we finally did call and she found out that we called she left that night. She stayed in a hotel for awhile and is now supposedly staying at friends'/relatives' houses. She had the opportunity to move in with her father which is 10 minutes away and both her and my bf would be able to see both children whenever they wanted, but she refused her Dad's offer with many excuses that really made no sense. My bf asked for the eldest son to come stay with us until she decides what she is going to do and have a stable place to live. This upset her and now she won't answer her phone to him or reply to texts.

We don't have a lot of money, so filled out DYI divorce papers. My bf called Judicare to try to get representation because she is going to contest the divorce and the custody, but they said that it will be a few months before he can get in and to start the process by filing the papers.  Neither of us are confident that we know what we are doing and have been trying to find a lawyer to review the papers so that we don't screw something up. All the lawyers we contacted said they don't do document review. So first question is, who can we ask to help with the paperwork? Second is that my bf wants to get custody of his eldest son with the temporary custody petition, but we don't know exactly where she is or how to go about filing those papers too. The main issue is his son being in a stable environment and safe. We don't feel that is the case with him being with his mother.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.