Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:07:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rejecting discovery questions until a DNA test is performed

Started by [email protected], May 21, 2018, 07:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[email protected]

Hello,

Living in Maryland.

I am a male, and I was recently sued by my ex female girlfriend "Amended complaint for custody, child support, and other relief".
I have filed the first part, declaring that I was not sure about the child father. I could be the father, I maybe not. I have requested the court to provide a DNA test to determine paternity.

Now I am looking at 30 discovery questions, however I don't want to provide any information until the DNS tests confirms the paternity.

I have 30 days to turn in the discovery questions. Can I reply to those questions, that I am not providing requested information until the DNA tests confirms paternity?

Otherwise, what would you suggest?

It seems unreasonable for me to provide private and financial information without knowing for sure if I am the biological father. (I haven't sign any papers about the paternity of the child).

ocean

When is the dna test? Who is requesting info in 30 days? Do you have a court date?
Fill out the paperwork and bring it to court in a folder. Leave it there until the judge asks for it and then you can say you will give info about your financials as soon as test comes back positive you are the father. That you are willing to support child if child is yours. If her lawyer is asking for it, ignore and follow above.....Most child support courts ask you to bring a notorized paper about salary and money but many times they do not ask for it until the end to decide child support amounts.

At the same time, you should file for temporary joint custody in the event you are the father or at the very least have that paperwork ready to go and when you find out you can file it to be added to case.
Good luck! (not a lawyer, just years of experience in family court).

Waylon

Use your right to remain silent and don't say anything until you a) speak with a family law attorney and b) get the paternity test results back.

Some of these pages may help, so read all you can:

http://deltabravo.net/cms/search.php?q=paternity&s=Search&r=0

Quote from: [email protected] on May 21, 2018, 07:40:19 PM
Hello,

Living in Maryland.

I am a male, and I was recently sued by my ex female girlfriend "Amended complaint for custody, child support, and other relief".
I have filed the first part, declaring that I was not sure about the child father. I could be the father, I maybe not. I have requested the court to provide a DNA test to determine paternity.

Now I am looking at 30 discovery questions, however I don't want to provide any information until the DNS tests confirms the paternity.

I have 30 days to turn in the discovery questions. Can I reply to those questions, that I am not providing requested information until the DNA tests confirms paternity?

Otherwise, what would you suggest?

It seems unreasonable for me to provide private and financial information without knowing for sure if I am the biological father. (I haven't sign any papers about the paternity of the child).
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.