Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 09:46:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

urgent!!! Intent to visit sent, no responce, now what???

Started by Belle, Mar 08, 2004, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belle

Our intent to visit was sent weeks ago, planned visit happens in about a week, purchased air fare Cp did not respond. Cp refusing to place child on plane. Do we send a letter to be placed in our file when visit does not happen?  Now what??? Thanks everyone!!!

MixedBag

Sit tight until the day after the child is supposed to come.

Then file a "Motion to Show Cause" with the appropriate court and get her back in court with all of your documentation.

She could be like someone I know well -- and put the child on the plane at the last minute.....

Belle

We will wait, but positive she won't put child on plane unaccompanied, only will do it if CP accompanies child (CP usually won't fly alone and has to have someone accompany her, probably could not find any takers this trip)  Cp claims not to have the money to accompany child, even though we are paying for the childs entire fare.
Attorney wants hefty retainer, but still has not disclosed actions/court procedings planning to use on this issue. Since we've never when to court not sure what to do next. (attys usually are not invested in us only the $$$) Prefer to look into Contempt of Order, and hope judge makes CP stand to mediation agreements both came to. (not court ordered, and not signed by judge, but CP placed in case file)  inforces a set schedule, or even tell her she is riduculous to make these travel demands before visits allowed to take place.

Peanutsdad

I would suggest going by the letter of the court orders. If/when the cp fails to follow that, file a motion to compel or contempt of visitation.

Belle

Well Cp now decides to travel with child only if we postpone trip for a week. Now that airfare is more $$$ last minute, probably wished complied with travel arrangements months ago. (Cp never sent a refusal letter to our intent to visit, so in a bind there) :)

Peanutsdad

Since you sent a letter of intent to excercise, and bought the tickets, I would simply tell cp that to delay it by one week incurs additional costs and she would be liable for that.

I would let her know you intend to continue the visit as laid out, any deviance in that is at her own cost, any denial will be pursued in court.

MixedBag

Well, wasn't it this weekend?

What happened?

And how old is the child?

Belle

No the dates were changed so hopefully it will be a good visit. Cp has put so much stress on child, Im sure it was put as us to blame for costing so much $$$. The child will be 13 in the summer, and Cp has made it known that the kid gets a vote whether to visit or not, making us the horrible ones again.

MixedBag

I hear ya!  Hope the next set of dates go well...

Belle

well our visit when great until this morning, aparently child said something to make CP happy about childs visit being lousy.

I don't know I thought renting dvd's going out to buy a few things and eating out to be a treat but; I guess we are bad NCP's according to CP.

Oh well wait till summer vacation in Orlando that has gotta be torment on a teenager right???? This will be our second real vacation in 9 years, we have never had the $$ to have a vacation outside of a weekend. CP would think it's great if only dad and child went and left out her sisters and step mom of course.