Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:30:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

need help scheduling supervised visitation

Started by maxwell, Mar 16, 2004, 05:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

I (dad) was awarded full custody of my son yesterday at the 2nd temp hearing and Mom has supervised visitation that the Judge said we can work out (this case is in SC even though I reside in NC). She is ~2 hours away in SC and I/we need to figure out how to get an independent 3rd party involved every other weekend (day time) for her to visit. I am sure she will want me to drive my son to her but I will not do that. I will not involve my family nor do I trust her family to supervise. I am trying to contact Social Services here in NC but not sure if you had any advice, etc. I may end up having to use a weekend daycareHACK> or Nanny but I don't want to incure the expense myself either.

Any ideas on how to do this?

thx,
m

oneandonly

Just wanted to say congrats!!!! Share some details~
(no answer for supervisor, sorry)

maxwell

Thx,
  This was yet another temporary hearing but it bodes well for the final hearing. I posted some details on the Custody board also. Just gotta figure out a visitation solution now.

Kitty C.

Temp. usually turns into perm., but NOW is the time to 'stall'.  Drag this out for a while, so that there can be NO question as to which parent your son would be better off with.  Use one of the tactics so often used by mothers who are granted temp. custody and STALL.  The longer you have temp., the more certain perm. will be ordered.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

joni

When my DH had to go through supervised visitations, he had to drive from Chicago to Detroit (where his Ex lived) once a week for a 1 1/2 hour visitation.  Supervised was ordered because Mom took off with child and didn't let my DH see her for 18 months so he had to reestablish his bond with her.

In light of our experience, I don't know why you have to drive your child to her.  Make her come to you.  Arrange to have the 3rd party in your area.

And make the arrangements in your area before she has a chance to set anything up.  Be firm, rigid and uncompromising as to the arrangements.  Say that they're in your area or no visitation.  Be inflexible.  This tactic seems to work for BM's.  

My DH's ex was a rigid as a board and refused to cooperate or move forward without a court order and it worked for her every time.  She managed to keep him in supervised visitations for 18 months.