Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 01:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RE: notice of intent letter composition-help sm

Started by rweb, Mar 29, 2004, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweb

Hello:  Sure glad I found this site.  Regarding the notice of intent to exercise visitation letter, where it says Return Receipt Article (number), is this where I would enter in the number assigned by the post office for registered mail?  Have never done this before so I want to be sure to do it correctly.  How can I enter a number while composing the letter before it goes to the post office to be sent?  I am just misunderstanding something here.  Thank you for any help...

rweb

Davy

As I recall, the post office will assign to you a series of numbers in advance of the actually mailing at which time you will receive a time stamped receipt as proof of mailing.   I formatted a standard letter in type print and inked by hand the actual dates for a more personal touch and a way to stand out or highlight to the robe that the children were denied their the father on these dates.

Should the post office not choose to assign the number in advance ... then receive/enter the number and step to a photo-copy machine before waiting in line again to mail.  Moreover, do not be so concerned with formalities unless you can afford a legal secretary...focus on the child(ren) but pay attention to the "and", "or", "," in statues and their revisions in hopes the court system actually follows the statues and the other party complies with orders.

Now if the other party normally speaks in one sylables but has practiced and says "if you continue to exercise visitation then I will promise you will never see these kids again ...ever".  Know that she is sick and really means it.  Do not winch or look to the side, do not choke her, do not pound her pretty face into the pavement...just calmly say "That is not going to happen" and then do everything under the sun to protect the child(ren) ...

Best to your child(ren) and to you.

rweb

Thank you for answering my question.  I thank you and my son thanks you, even though he is only four years old, I know he would thank you.
rweb

doood

i hand wrote in the receipt # on the first letter, and made copies for my and my lawyer's records. on the way out of the post office i grabbed a stack of the certified stickers.

Sunshine1

I grab a handful of Return Receipt stickers and keep them by my computer.  Then at the bottom of the letter I am composing, I type the number that is on the sticker on the letter, then make a copy and keep for our files.

Then when you show up to court and she says she never received THAT letter in the mail you can show the judge your letter with the number on it and the green card that she signed as proof she indeed got THAT letter.

Works like a charm.  Good Luck! :)