Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: I need to see my son!!  (Read 1128 times)


  • Guest
I need to see my son!!
« on: Sep 09, 2004, 08:06:30 AM »
It's been a week since my live-in girlfriend moved out. Now out of spite she is refusing to let me see my son. I can't afford an attorney, so if anyone can tell what I need to do so that I can get visitation rights would help tremendously.


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1730
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I need to see my son!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »
The first step would be establishing paternity. Petition the court for visitation. You might want to check the parenting plans on this site and have something in your back pocket. Having something concrete to show the Judge might make a difference on more time with your child.

Be prepared to pay child support. Once you file, she will go after you for support.

You will hear document, document, document, STARTING NOW.

Keep track of all comunication.

 Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney


Suggestions When Falsely Accused

Dealing With Threats Of False Allegations

URL: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/guide.htm


"Children learn what they live"


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I need to see my son!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2004, 11:05:14 AM »
Go to your counties court website and see if they have the forms online to file a motion to:

Establish Paternity
Visitation/parenting plan packet
child support packet

I know in my state they do along with instructions on how to complete and file these forms.

Keep in mind when creating a parenting plan to look to the future of when the child is of school age and incorperate that into your plan example :when child enrolls in school parenting time shall change with father having residential time from say Friday from 6pm -Sunday at 6pm and so on. Put in the order visitation time for yourself NOW for spring break holidays etc, go to school districts website and go off there school calender even if child is not of school age, it will help elminate problems when the child enters school.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.