Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Boyfriend needs to see his kids  (Read 1468 times)


  • Guest
Boyfriend needs to see his kids
« on: Dec 28, 2004, 11:56:05 AM »
Iam dating a man with 2 children from previous relationship, he pays child support,buys groceries,and provides for his children well. The mother doesnt work, spends his money on other men,parting,and drugs.And she is currently pregnant by another man that yells at his children, hits the mother, and just isnt a good influence on his children.
  Iam a single mother of an 8 year old boy, and I dont have any of these problems with my Ex, we get along fine, and have no visitation problems or support problems so I dont know anything about this.
 Iam wondering what my boyfriend michael should do? He is a great guy and has been put into a lot of different situations because of the mother, and they even lost totally custody at one point because she took the kids to kentucky and left them with her parents while his was on the road working, and they had to fight to get the kids back(the grandparent filed abandoment charges against them) the only way michael found out was when he called the parents to ask if they had seen her or the kids.
 Michael and I are about to move in together, and I want to help him get custody of these kids, I want them to have a stable home and family setting. They are not getting that at all with her, she is a good mother intill a man walks in the door and then she puts all her time and money on the man instead of the children.
  We currently live in Texas, Michael is a in town CDL driver fr General Motors, and I am a nursing student that is graduating in June, and currently work waiting tables till school is done.
  But it just seems to me that their is no support for fathers, and he is scared that CPS is going to jump in and he will lose his kids.
 What do we do?
                     Thank you


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 107
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
You came to the right place!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2004, 09:13:03 AM »
Read everything on here--the links, the articles, the parenting plans are wonderful...
I would be talking to attorneys, too and I believe you can find a list on here too....
Some questions~
What does the current court order say regarding custody/visitation/support?
How old are the children?


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.