Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:09:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm no lawyer, is there no hope

Started by texasgal, Jun 21, 2005, 07:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

texasgal

Good Morning everyone,

Discovered yesterday I'm no lawyer.  I've posted here a couple times... quick run down.  My boyfriend has only see his daughter 9 times since Jan.  Because in the court order the intial visitations was not structured, thanks to the Attorney General, we can try for contempt.  I filed a motion to modify visitation to change this, I thought everything was going good.  Found out yesterday she filed an answer, denial of course.  So I thought we would head to the judges to ask for a hearing date.  Well I didn't know what I was doing and did not request a hearing in the original motion I filed.  And we can't afford for me to try again, with the chance I'll once again screw it up.  SOC was very helpful, but unfortunately doesn't know texas law.  Is there any help for people who are not low income, but yet can't afford an attorney even on a payment plan.  It's not fair, all my boyfriend wants to is be apart of his daughters life.. such a simple request is impossible.  And Brazoria County offers no help, the Attorney General well it's not there problem.  Everyone says hire an attorney.  My boyfriend has lost hope, believeing no one cares.  I'm beginning to believe the same.  I have called everywhere I can think of, all I need is a little help, some direction.  She only live 15 minutes from us.  But yet everything is against us.  Thank u for letting me vent.

4honor

No judgement has been made has it? It is my understanding that until a judgement has been made an amendment can be made to the complaint. It should not cost any additional $$.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

texasgal

If i knew how I would, unfortunately what I have done I got from a book at the law library.  In that book it doesn't explain how to amend anything.  And u can not get any help from anyone at the court house, Brazoria county doesn't have any forms for this.  

ocean

In my state, you can go down to the court house and they will help you fill out what you need. They will not give advice but if you tell them what you want to do, they should have the paperwork to fill in. Here, the lady sat and typed it in her computer and printed it out and told to which office to go to and then I filed it. They gave me copies to serve Ex. Good luck!