Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The child wins!

Started by prince13, Jun 30, 2005, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prince13

We had court on Tuesday this week. It was another one of  PBFH's (Sybil as I call her) attempts to reduce DH's parenting time with his children. This time it was the 12 year old son. Guess what???? It didn't work, and the child will still be here for the 10 weeks in the summer per status quo.

The negative part about this was that she had subpeonaed her own son. He was so upset by the time he got into that court room he was sobbing uncontrollably when he had to speak to the Judge. And no one had prepared him for what would happen when he didn't get (or should we say PBFH) what he wanted which was less time with Dad.  What mother would even THINK to put their child through such a stressful situation and then no even prepare him for ALL potential outcomes. She must have been really convinced that she was going to get her way.

We had subpeoned the counselor who was court orderd back in 2003 per Judge and PBFH's request. Counselor was our godsend stating that he could not determine whether this was truly the child's wish, or Mom's. The Judge concured based on the fact that we were in his courtroom in 2003 for the same problem with his older daughter when she was 12.

Of course, we have no learned from oldest child that PBFH is done with this counselor (she had told DH that earlier this year) because he wasn't fair. Well, that is because counselor has always been about what is best for the kids and so has DH but NOT PBFH.

At any rate, DH didn't lose any more parenting time. PBFH finally lost one in the courtroom. I hope her losing puts a stop to her initiating battle after battle for no reason other than her own insecurities.

So, overall this was a good week despite the stress of being in court, and of course, worrying sick about how son was going to handle it.

nosonew

WOOOHOOOO! I think since the counseling was court ordered, she would have to go back to the judge to change counselors...right? :)

wendl

Thats great I hope things continue to go well. Now try to get son relaxation time in, you all have earned it

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**