Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 06:33:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

insurance coverage

Started by Detter D, Apr 08, 2004, 08:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detter D

Has anyone been in this position?

I want to know if I have to keep insurance (health) on my ex after
the divorce is final?

I know I have to keep it on my children, but want to know if I have
to keep it on the ex?

Kitty C.

As the saying goes:  'If it ain't in the order, it doesn't exist....'  If nothing is mentioned in the order or ever discussed about it, you can drop her like a lead ballon as soon as it's final.  If you have ins. with open enrollment, this is one of those occasions that you can make changes without it.  All you have to provide is your final order with proper signatures.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

hisliltulip

Just a guess, but wouldn't that fall under alimony?

wendl

My dh took if off his ex when they were legally seperated. If doesn't say you must then delete her and keep the kids insured.

Yngsmommy

Call your local HR rep.

WHen my DSO left his wife, he  took her off, only to find out later he had to keep her on until they were officially divorced.

VeronicaGia

Some insurance companies won't even allow this.  Once you and she are divorced, you are no longer related by blood or marriage.  It would be no different then me asking you to cover me.  You may want to contact your HR department AND your provider to see if they will even allow it.  If they will not, ask for it in writing so you will be prepared in case the STBX wants a judge to order it.