Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer vistation blues

Started by backwardsbike, Jul 06, 2006, 10:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

I am NCM.  I get my children EOW during the school year and every other week in the summer. I am never allowed any extra time or compensatory time for when the children's activites take up parenting time.

Dad has a history of interfering with parenting time by enrolling kids in activites that use up my time adn not allowing any compensatory time.

On the Friday before my second week of the summer at 4:45 PM i got an email from X stating that I had to make a physical for DS so he could attend scout camp.  The camp was the very NEXT week after my custody week.  The news of the physical being needed was first disclosed to X in April.  he "forgot" and was notified the Wednesday before he emailed me.

I had to change my plans for the children and forgo a trip out of town to accomplish getting the physical done.

Dad did not notify me that the doctor's contact info had changed due to a change in the practice.  He admits he recevied a letter informing him adn he admits having had the doc send me a letter stating that only HIS addy be allowed in the children's medical record.  SO there is no way for me to get the info about how to contact the doc except thru him adn he didn't provide it.

I love parenting my children. i do not mind that I had to make the appointment for the physical.  But I feel dad shirked his responsibilties and dumped them on me.  And I had to change plans to take the children out of town due to son needing the phyisical on such short notice.

Please provide any advice you have on how to deal with this last minute dumping of responsibilites in the future.
Please understand...this is not a one time thing.  I am regulary told to make appointments that X could well have made during his custodial periods.  I am also the parent most likely to notice when the children need medical care and to arrange for it.

Giggles

As a CP I deal with this too.  I know you love your kids but it sounds to me like you're getting the short end of the stick in all of this.  Do you have Joint Legal?  It sounds to me like you need to tell Dad straight up that you will NOT give up your parenting time for activities that you have not been made aware of...and if they should interfere with your time, then you need to schedule make up time right then and there.  Also, make sure your documenting EVERYTHING, the times you take the kids to the doc, etc.  Keep any and all e-mails as well!!!

Good luck
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!