Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:39:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Since Alimony Ended

Started by rosie13, Jun 11, 2007, 09:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosie13

My husband of 2 years finished paying alimony to his ex wife in January. Since then, she has used every manner of excuse to eliminate his parenting time. We also moved in March and are far enough away that 1 or 2-day visits are inconvenient. The last time they were in court, my husband requested a new parenting plan be agreed upon and the judge told them to go to mediation to work that out.  She won't go to mediation and won't agree to any of the parenting plans he has sent to her. Recently, she has started telling him that his daughter "hates him" and "doesn't want to ever see him again." Can anyone recommend some steps he might take to overcome this situation? The last thing any of us wants is to go back to court.

mistoffolees

>My husband of 2 years finished paying alimony to his ex wife
>in January. Since then, she has used every manner of excuse to
>eliminate his parenting time. We also moved in March and are
>far enough away that 1 or 2-day visits are inconvenient. The
>last time they were in court, my husband requested a new
>parenting plan be agreed upon and the judge told them to go to
>mediation to work that out.  She won't go to mediation and
>won't agree to any of the parenting plans he has sent to her.
>Recently, she has started telling him that his daughter "hates
>him" and "doesn't want to ever see him again." Can anyone
>recommend some steps he might take to overcome this situation?
>The last thing any of us wants is to go back to court.

You only have 2 choices - you either live with whatever parenting time she wants to give you or you end up back in court.

MixedBag

When you say "the judge told them to go to mediation to work that out" that must have been in some court order.

If she's not participating or won't go to mediation, time to go back to the court and say "that didn't work" and request a long distance parenting plan be put in place.

Move quickly.

Read Divorce Poison to counter the actions of the mother with the child.