Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:46:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is this strange.... or is it just me??

Started by 1angrystepmom, Nov 23, 2003, 10:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1angrystepmom

As many of you know, SD is FINALLY here.  

She seems to be getting along well with all the kids, and DH is just "letting her do her own thing, and get adjusted"  Great for him!!!

OK, now to the strange thing...  I keep catching SD staring at me...  I don't know why, I haven't grown a third eye, OR horns.  (yet, LOL) But we were all watching a movie this morning, and I would glance her way and catch her staring.  

Is this a Step-child thing??  I don't ever remember staring at my SM like that!!  HELP!!

Amber

MKx2

Perhaps she's been told many terrible things about you Amber, and she's trying to figure it all out ... ya know waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Perhaps she is just sizing  things up ... or is amazed that you as a "stranger" to her so to speak, is warm, caring, considerate, kind, and loving.

I don't think its a steppie thing -- perhaps just a child trying to get a handle on this family she's never been allowed to enjoy.

Again, I can't tell you how tickled I am for you, DH and your entire family.

Enjoy!   :D

janM

Hmmm...had BM told her that you DID have a third eye or horns? LOL!
Do you smile at her when she does it?

Glad she is having a good time.

Mellybug

This same thing happened to me (and still does to a much lesser degree) with my boyfriend's daughter when we first met. It went on pretty regular for a while, and was a little disconcerting. However, I would just smile at her, and her entire face would light up in a smile. I think it was to her an acceptance thing. Maybe not - who knows? She was only 2-1/2!

Needless to say, she has told me so many times how beautiful I am (to her) and maybe THAT could be it? Maybe in her mind, how can both Mommy AND this woman be pretty? I remember thinking my mom was the most beautiful woman in the world! NO OTHER WOMAN came close (except for Linda Carter as Wonder Woman). Maybe THAT could be it! Maybe you're beautiful to her! :)

Just enjoy it for what it's worth: curiosity.

Mellybug