Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 07:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Victory for today, and I believe, the future...

Started by Leafypoint, Dec 18, 2003, 12:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafypoint

Well, I know that I'm new to this site, and none of you know about anything that's been going on in my particular situation, but I just had to share this with everyone that I do or do not know.
      Yesterday, at 2:00 P.M. my husband had a hearing to show cause about a temporary restraining order that was placed against him by his ex-wife on December 3. The order stated that he was restrained from allowing his son to stay with me (stepmother) alone at my husband's home. His ex-wife received this order based on misleading information. Namely, she said that the counselor of the school and my stepson's teacher had both recommended that he have limited visitation at our home due to my "verbal and emotional abuse" of her son while my husband was at work. She claimed in her statement to the court that this alleged abuse had been going on "for years."
      Well, to make a long story short, we had filed statements from the principle, the counselor, the teacher, two letters that my husband had received from his ex-wife about eight weeks ago (neither of which mentioned any concern about verbal or emotional abuse of my stepson), and of course, the statements from myself and my husband.
      My husband's hearing was the first on the docket. Court started at 2:00 P.M. Ex-wife wasn't there. Talk about nerve-wracking. The judge acknowledged that she wasn't there, then gave her until 2:30 P.M. to show up. SHE NEVER SHOWED. They struck the hearing from the docket. Euphoria! Elation! But the story continues...
      We drove by my stepson's school to ensure that he was going to be picked up (it was her residential time that day). She did show up to pick up her son at around 3:30 P.M. Apparently, she hadn't shown up to court because of the "damning statements" about her made by the principle and the counselor. In other words, she didn't show up because someone had dared to call her in her lies. She proceeded to tell my husband that the principle was going to "rewrite" his statement. I guess in her world people of character and honesty DO recant a statement that they know will be filed in court.
      So anyway, I'm babbling. Guess it's the residual shock of actually getting some justice in the court system, even if it was by default.
Thanks for the board space.

Kitty C.

....that if you give these idiots enough rope, they WILL hang themselves, LOL!

Hers is a delusional world, make up your mind to that right now.  Her comment about the principle rewriting his statement wasn't for YOUR benefit, it was for HERS!  How else could she deal with the outcome of the hearing??

Remember, karma is a GREAT thing!  ;-)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Leafypoint

Well, this is really starting to turn out to be a sucky Christmas...
Sure, the ex-wife didn't show up to the hearing for the restraining order on the 17th. But, low and behold, after she initiated another confrontation at the school (when her son was sitting there watching the whole thing) on Friday, the 19th, she ran to the court house and got ANOTHER TRO! Based on the same information that she used to receive the first one! :-/ And since she never contacted my husband regarding the hearing on the 19th (even though she said she did), now it looks like HE didn't show up for that hearing.
Unbelievable! Both my husband and I are totallly shocked that the court would grant her another TRO when less than three days before she didn't even bother showing up in court for the previous one. How frustrating.
AND to top it all off, my husband has JURY DUTY the week after Christmas! Argh! It's almost like the court house is our second home.
Sometimes, I wonder who's best interest is being served in the justice system...the children's or the mother's...